02 January 2012

goldmine attic find


happy 2012! i hope the year of the dragon is off to a great start for you. with cool people, yummy food, and good conversation to start the year yesterday, i certainly can't complain.

i also can't complain about the a m a z i n g atomic era gold shadow box that was discovered in the attic of my rental house. my friends (and landlords) are moving for a few years and are storing some things in my attic. yesterday, to everyone's surprise, they discovered this fantastic piece under a pile of insulation.

i (greedily, i'm afraid) called dibs and they (graciously) handed it over. the decorative edge is missing what we think was probably once a mirror, but other than that? it's in perfect shape. and i already have a plan involving glitter and resin to add a bit of awesome back to the shadow box. nothing tacky, i promise. stay tuned.

if this is a sign of the vintage goodness to come in 2012, i'm stoked.

oh! and to start off the new year, i started a facebook page for file me away. if you'd like to like it, well, that'd be swell!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how cool! If there were ever anyone to appreciate this found object it is you. Heck, I think it may have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! My friend Keith said the house gave it to me to show me it loves me back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stunning! I can only imagine how amazing it'll look once you've worked your magic. :)

    ReplyDelete