12 December 2011

tinsel + tonic


i had a holiday "tinsel + tonic" party this weekend, which is, of course, the perfect excuse for going overboard on vintage glass ornaments, kitschy santas, and crafty fun.


i made homemade christmas crackers (directions here) and yarn pom pom garlands (directions here). homemade touches were complemented with thrift store finds and fun finds from bake it pretty.


pinterest played a big part, too. make-ahead mason jar cocktails? such a good idea. also? i never want to have another drink without a festive paper straw (purchased here).


even the portraits were decked out in holiday finery (can you tell who the subject of the portrait is? a good story post coming soon).


it was so much fun to get my house ready for the season - i don't think i put a single decoration up last year. the party was a success with lots of laughing and talking into the wee hours, vintage records, good food (and so much of it, my goodness!), amazing friends, and a bit of mischievousness for good measure.

3 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful! I would be tempted to leave those up all year! I love the little deer and the fat Santa. You have a superb collection of vintage ornaments too. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am very tempted to keep out the glass ornaments and the garlands all year - everything feels so much more festive when there are pretty things to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it was a total blast! Wish I lived closer so I could have crashed. ;)

    ReplyDelete